It doesn’t matter how many new businesses start up, or how much competition there is out there, people still keep producing awful flyers and wondering why their business is not thriving. It’s a mistake made time and time again; small business owners think all they need to do is put their details on a sheet of paper and the rest will…magically happen.
Well, it doesn’t and will never work like that. A successful ad campaign is a combination of good copywriting, clever design, and easily understandable image. Get one of these factors wrong and it’s not going to work, sorry.
Here is how you can be on your way to having a good flyer:
1) Make sure the information isn’t too overpowering. Include a simple message, the benefits the customer will get from it, and some idea of the price.
2) Make sure the information is centred on the page. Don’t do a bad job of this, because it will look instantly amateur!
3) Don’t use the cheapest paper going, or, if you are going to, make sure the flyer design is very very good.
4) It doesn’t matter what you are selling – Red Diesel London , collars for dogs, whatever – just make sure you use a decent font that is readable. If you are using a log, try and make it as memorable as you can.
5) Last but by no means least, it’s amazing how many firms forget to include their website address! This should be the first thing you think about when designing a flyer.
Things You Can Do Other Than Drink : I have been on antibiotics…
The Future? : I’m in business, am well up with the latest…
Character Ideas For Your Writing… : Stuck with your mystery…